A few years ago, our kids sang a song at a school event called “An Attitude of Gratitude”. It was the kind of semi-campy and non-offensive song you often get at school performances, and the basic chorus was “an attitude of gratitude will get you through the day”. And while it is tempting to roll one’s eyes a bit, the message does hold true. Every day we wake up, there is something we are grateful for. And we are very grateful for so many things, we look forward to every day.
We are very grateful that so many of you visit us and read about our garden and kitchen (and bar). Your blogs, comments and insights have already made us much better gardeners, cooks and photographers. And these are lifetime interests- so we are happy (and grateful) to learn and improve. And the garden and kitchen can often be humbling places, so it is always good being part of a larger community.
We are also lucky enough to be nominated for a few blogging awards. Thanks! And this is where the apology comes in. We both have what we call the “promptness gene”. We don’t like being slow to respond or simply be late with anything. But we are late in responding and apologize for being so slow. But better late, than never. As we have a few awards, we will bend the rules and mention the awards, tell you a few more things about ourselves and share some blogs we enjoy. And share some photos, just because we can.
- We do actually suffer from garden envy, even when ours is looking good. I guess we are greedy that way.
- Same with kitchens.
- We browse grocery stores, farmers markets and wine/liquor stores the way some folks shop at the mall. This drives our kids (somewhat rightfully) crazy.
- We tried sausage making several times and have yet to crack it. Local suppliers and butchers do better than us- by a lot.
- We still do OK with home-cured bacon, however. Some consolation.
- We are starting to geek up on tea. This may go the way of cocktails and get a bit obsessive. Hmm.
- We are really bummed and disappointed by Melky Cabrera. Ugh, this one hurts.
http://asturiandiary.wordpress.com/ One of our favorite blogs about life and travel. Fellow surfer.
http://mygulitypleasures.wordpress.com/ Viveka enjoys life and shares. Good photos and a touch of humor.
http://korenainthekitchen.com/ Good, real recipes and photos. A go-to home cooking site.
http://pachamamasbeautifulfood.wordpress.com/ Gardening with soul and good writing.
http://blog.pknewby.com/ Good recipes and real scientific thoughts on food and nutrition.
http://searunner.wordpress.com/ Great photos with some fun descriptions and captions.
http://measureandstir.com/ Joseph Tkach’s cocktail site. Tasty drinks, strong opinions, good writing.
And even though she probably has (and deserves) every blogging award in the world, we still have to mention Claire at Promenade Plantings. We love her blog.
Have a great weekend!