It’s the bees’ garden, we just live in it. We do plant some “magnets” to keep them here, and the bees readily oblige. The garden is one big buzz of the honeybees and the occasional singular humm of the native bumblebees. Most of the herb garden has gone to flower (no biggie) and it literally vibrates all day from the bees. The mint cones are flowering and the bees will camp out and work every single tiny flower. Bees like easy work when they can get it (just like us). We like to think we can taste just a touch of mint in the “forest honey” that comes from our hives. Maybe we can, maybe not. Regardless, the honey tastes good and bees pollinate the plants. It’s good to live in their garden.
- English Cottage Gardening – Herbs Of The Mint Family (romancingthebee.com)
- Herb Garden Ideas (bewhatwelove.wordpress.com)
- Show Lavender Some Love (bringmebees.wordpress.com)
- Tree Bumblebee (Bombus hypnorum) (muddyspringer.wordpress.com)
- Helping Bees in Our Garden (finchnwren.wordpress.com)