It has been a great weekend. Friends, wine, cooking, gardening, plant sale, surfing, baseball and a very pleasant dinner with the boys at a “fancy” restaurant. To top it off, our friend at Storybook Apothecary, a great blog on green/organic skin care products (and some fun writing and musings), nominated us for a Sunshine Blog Award. Thanks!
For those who do not know what a Sunshine Blog Award is (and that included us), it is a prize is awarded to “bloggers who positively and creatively inspire others in the blogosphere”. As an award winner, there are a few rules to follow:
- Thank the person who gave this award and write a post about it.
- Answer the questions below.
- Pass on the award to 10 bloggers you like, link their blogs, and let them know you awarded them.
Well, we could never resist a chain letter when we were younger, so here we go…
BTW, this is our family blog- so there may be some “hedging” on certain questions…;-)
So, our favs are:
- Favorite Color – Orange and Black for the GIANTS!
- Favorite Animal – Snap the dog and Oreo the cat. They came to us around the same time and almost seem like a unit.
- Favorite Number – 13. It has been a good sports number for the boys.
- Favorite Drink – Homemade lemonade is the family fave. Good with iced tea, by itself or in cocktails.
- Facebook or Twitter – Facebook. This blog is all about real friends and family. We reach them through Facebook (but Pinterest is closing fast!)
- Your Passion – Family, Friends, Food.
- Giving or getting presents – Giving, mostly in the form of food, drink and experiences with friends. Sharing with others is the best part of life.
- Favorite Day – Today. Every day we wake up.
- Favorite Flowers – Climbing Roses. They are always beautiful, but it is cool to see them climb to new parts of the house over the years. They become something of a time-lime (you will see some pics of ours soon).
Blogs we nominate:
Boozed and Infused: A great blog on making your own liqueurs and infusions. Alicia is so good at it, we send people to her with questions on flavorings for drinks. She is a prolific writer, too.
Fed Up Food: Food rants (funny) and some good recipes. Not sure how they will feel about a “sunshine” award…;-)
Miss Apis Mellifera: A very well-written and passionate blog on beekeeping. It is a great read even if you have no interest in bees- she is becoming a great “naturalist” writer IMHO. Continue reading